Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Vraja and Balaram


Dear Friends,

Good afternoon everyone, My name is Vraja, Im a 15 year old Brown Swiss ox. When I was 2 1/2 months old my twin brother Gita and I were saved from going to the auction barn by Balabhadra and his family who run ISCOWP. That was back in 1991 when we all lived in North Carolina. Since then I have traveled across the United States 3 times with ISCOWP doing different programs and helping people, young and old, to learn about the benefits of a vegetarian diet. Another aspect of our travels was to speak and give demonstrations on OX POWER.

Behind me is Balaram who has been here at the ISCOWP farm now for about 1 1/2 years. He and another young bull calf named Krsna were up in a petting zoo and were getting too big for the young children who came to visit the petting zoo. They were both saved from going to the auction barn by a Krsna devotee Nada devi dasi.

Im showing Balaram where all the berry bushes are and all of my secret stashes of super sweet grasses and herbs. Im getting old and life has been sweet here at ISCOWP. I know I’ve had a blessed life and gave thanks every day to the folks at ISCOWP who have taken care of me and many other cows/oxen in a kind and loving mood until death do us part.

Thank you one and all at the ISCOWP FARM

Sincerely,

Vraja the ox

No comments: