Saturday, February 23, 2008

Memories of Gita


I saw Gita only a few times before recently helping with the cows at ISCOWP. I saw him here at New Vrindavan and LA Rathayatra. His size and beauty amazed me. He was seven feet from his toes to the tip of his horns and weighed 2000 pounds; a most beautiful servant of Srila Prabhupada and Lord Krsna.

At LA Rathayatra, I witnessed how people were in awe of him. I cannot help but think he influenced the minds of the people who saw and met him. Some realizing they were eating such a wonderful animal in their daily diet and perhaps becoming vegetarian or at least swearing off eating cows.

Srila Prabhupada often commented how if the people would do this one thing (stop cow killing) the consciousness of the world would change for the better. All glories to Gita, a sweet servant of the Lord!

Submitted by Tranakarta das (ACBSP)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all glories to cow protection. thank you Gita. all glories to your generous service to the fallen souls.
remembering you at New Panihati Ratha Yatra. you and your Brother were calves. a memory of Balabhadra's expert carving of a yoke for the two of you, stays in my mind and the blessing you gave by accepting the johnson's grass we brought you. you changed my life and i just want to say thanks.